20th Century Fox Consumer Products and the American Red Cross will host a nationwide (American) blood drive in honour of Buffy Slay Day (10th March).
The Red Cross will launch the blood drive at there donation centre in Torrence, California, which will serve as the flagship site, but drives will also take place at several locations across America (see below).
Donators will be treated to Buffy giveaways including an exclusive variant of BOOM! Studios Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1, with Funko Pop figures and other items available for the first few donors at each centre.
In a statement, Eva Steortz, senior vice president of 20th Century Fox Consumer Products said:
“Buffy Slay Day is more than just a chance to commemorate the incredible pop culture phenomenon Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It’s an annual opportunity for fans to demonstrate their own courage, pride, power and inner slayer. A day for all of us to fearlessly show the world we’re here to slay. Based on the overwhelming impact this content has had on fans, we are confident this celebration of empowerment is here to say.”
Sunday 10 March 2019
- Torrence, CA: 2814 Sepulveda Blvd, CA 905052
- Alpharetta, GA: 3000 Old Alabama Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022
- Atlanta, GA: 1955 Monroe Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Duluth, GA: 3090 Premiere Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
- Marietta, GA: 2145 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062
- Charlotte, NC: 2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203
- Nashville, TN: 2201 Charlotte Ave., Nashville, TN 37203
Monday 11 March 2019
- New York, MY: 510 W 49th St, New York 10019
Please contact your local centre for more information.
If you are unable to attend any of above locations you can find a Red Cross donation center in your area and signup to donate on behalf of Buffy Slay Day at www.rcblood.org/Buffy