Chloe Bennet of Agents of SHIELD talks Shark Tank, Mark Cuban and a Second Career as a “Boxed Baker”?
A lot has changed for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since the show’s debut four years ago. After blasting through every earthbound superpowered challenge imaginable, the show’s landmark fifth season (airing on ANC Mondays) will take us to an entirely new frontier: space. Luckily, sweeping changes are nothing new for one of the show’s major players, Chloe Bennet. Since she debuted as the wisecracking, computer-hacking Skye, change has been nothing short of constant, as her character evolved from a young rebel to the superpowered authority figure known as Quake. Away from the cameras, however, she’s still the coolest girl in the room, and we were happy to ask her our “5 Questions.”
1. If your TV only carried three shows or networks, what would you be watching? I’m going to be honest about my taste in TV right now – it’s light. … I feel like everything’s so dark right now that I like really light, happy family shows … Shark Tank, and I’m going to throw in something to bring back, like The Wire.
2. What are three things you have to have in your fridge or pantry? I always have smartwater bottles with a sports cap in my refrigerator. I’m not even kidding, because that’s just my thing. And then I would say apples and tequila.
3. Tell us about a time when you were completely starstruck. I love Shark Tank, and I love Mark Cuban and Lori Greiner. I love all of them, so I saw Mark Cuban the other day, and I was like, “Oh my God. I @#$%ing love Mark Cuban.” I get starstruck by non-celebrity celebrities, if that makes any sense. And then maybe athletes? I’m from Chicago, so I was a Bulls fan, so if I see any athletes I kind of get excited.
4. If you weren’t an actor, what do you think you’d be doing for a living? God, I’d just be homeless, I think. I don’t know what I would be doing. I really don’t know. I’m just really glad that acting is an option for me. I feel like maybe I’d be an activist dog-walker. yes, an activist interior design dog-walker. And very, very basic baker. A baker who can only do boxed things. I can elevate a boxed cake, but do I want to make it from scratch? No.
5. What’s a movie you can watch over and over and never get tired of? I would say either Step Brothers or Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I used Breakfast at Tiffany’s to learn Mandarin when I was in China. … I bought this bootleg Breakfast at Tiffany’s that was in Mandarin, and I would watch it over and over again, and then I watched the English version so I knew what they were saying, and then I would rewatch it in Mandarin to try to learn what they were saying. And then Step Brothers – I don’t know why I’ve watched that so much, but I have. I just love it. I think it’s very funny.
Original article at Channel Guide